Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.

Me and a Gixxer today

So I am out cruising on a charlotte area interstate, see a bike helmet scanning around.

I get along side a lane away and nail it in 4th about low boost around 8psi. I hit 100 quickly and he changes lanes and is on my bumper like a refrigerator magnet. A litte traffic so it is brakes and acceleration...he get right beside me...busts a standup at about 90mph....

too fun.

So we cruise for a while and both pass a nice stock'ish c6 vette that I think the bike was hoping would play along. The bike is ahead of me and another wheelie at about 85mph, rode this one for 1/3 mile. I catch up and he turns around and give me a big wave and we split off at the interchange.

popping wheelies at 8+ mph would scare the s*** out of me.

edit: how can Travis say bad words? I'm jealous.

Yeah, popping wheelies on a bicycle is scary enough.

• 3 years later...

Wheelies at high speeds are actually very stable, especially once you hit balancing point. That's the scariest part of wheelies... when you enter balancing point the bike becomes "weightless" and feels like you are going to tip over backwards until you get used to it.

Wheelies at high speeds are actually very stable, especially once you hit balancing point. That's the scariest part of wheelies... when you enter balancing point the bike becomes "weightless" and feels like you are going to tip over backwards until you get used to it.

Are you catching up on things you've missed since 2008? ;)