Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.

My MKV GTI versus Turbo Nissan Sentra

Kwik Stix

So last night I went to the Coheed and Cambria concert in myrtle beach... which was f***ing awesome btw, and I was driving back home. I stopped in downtown wilmington for a bit to meet up with some friends, but didn't stay long. As I was starting to get out of wilmington and first a new honda civic SI pulled up next to me. He was asking if I had the 2.0Turbo and had a little convo about cars with me, then he turned off. But right behind him this sentra pulled up and I could hear the Turbo spooling. I asked him to make sure it wasn't an intake or anything. He kept revving it right beside me, probably in about 3rd gear just pullin up and fallin back. We were almost out of the city, which was crawling with cops so I yelled over to him to wait till we are just outside of the city basically in no man's land and it's got a 4-lane highway, so he followed me. We lined up and went from a second gear pull. At the end of my second gear i had about 1/2 a car length on him, at the end of 3rd i was at about 1 1/2, and then at the end of 4th I was holding a good 2 car lengths on him, but not gaining anymore. We shut down at the end of 4th b/c we were coming down to another town, but he did the ricer fly by and then u-turned it out and headed back to Wilmington. I gave him a flash and waved.

It was a good run, he was faster than I thought he'd be.

good kill, no offense to the nissan lovers, but i think the sentras are one of the ugliest cars in the world.

Yea I agree, it's a pretty hideous car

Toxic- Yup, it was an SE-R and like you i'd never seen anyone mod those things past replacing Cams.... at the most. When my car was stock i ran against a sentra se-r with cams/headers/exhaust/intake and some kind of computer tune and still put a car length on him. I thought the turbo would do a lot better, possibly even beat me, but oh well.

Yea I agree, it's a pretty hideous car

Toxic- Yup, it was an SE-R and like you i'd never seen anyone mod those things past replacing Cams.... at the most. When my car was stock i ran against a sentra se-r with cams/headers/exhaust/intake and some kind of computer tune and still put a car length on him. I thought the turbo would do a lot better, possibly even beat me, but oh well.

Hmm, i know some people like those old school SE-R, i think 91-92? 2 doors. Anyways, just because it has a turbo doesnt mean its making any power. Stock bottom end im sure can only hold 7-8 psi and that motor makes only 170hp to begin with I believe? Still, its always nice to beat somebody who challenges you. Congrats.