#1 R_Rated

R_Rated

oveR_Rated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 08:37 AM

Two Thumbs up!

I've been looking for something a little more grown up (aka back seat) for some time now and made a purchase at Foreign Cars Italia last week.  I typically have moved on after 1-2 years to either a new DD or fun car so I've had my fair share of dealer experiences.  For the first time ever; when a dealer said they'd have the paperwork ready - they did.  It was a great transaction with good professional follow up.  I bought the car from Charles Dabney from the Greensboro location and they did the delivery and paperwork in Charlotte. Would HIGHLY recommend dealing with Charles and FCI.

P.S. a lot of the demographic of cars they sell lose value dramatically; for example there is a Maserati there now for 45K!

#2 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 10:23 AM

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what did you buy :devil:

DSC_0046-1.jpg

#3 ECB

ECB

Insignificant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 10:29 AM

XKR?
Posted Image

#4 R_Rated

R_Rated

oveR_Rated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 11:48 AM

XKR?

:goodjob:

That's right!  Have a pulley and tune on it tomorrow putting it a little quicker than the RS.  This is pretty much my dream car.  Except I could not afford a DBS :/

#5 R_Rated

R_Rated

oveR_Rated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 12:00 PM

0.jpg0.jpg0.jpg

#6 ECB

ECB

Insignificant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 04:18 PM

Baller! Who's doing the tune?
Posted Image

#7 R_Rated

R_Rated

oveR_Rated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 06:01 AM

Baller! Who's doing the tune?

There are 2 that I am vetting out and reading about for now.  Some claim 650bhp with a tune/pulley but I'm more interested in real numbers so its hard to wade through the marketing.  Interesting though that the XKR/XKRS is faster than my dream car; the DBS!

#8 ECB

ECB

Insignificant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 08:12 AM

There are 2 that I am vetting out and reading about for now.  Some claim 650bhp with a tune/pulley but I'm more interested in real numbers so its hard to wade through the marketing.  Interesting though that the XKR/XKRS is faster than my dream car; the DBS!

Does your car have an intercooler?  Mine doesn't.  When I did pulley/tune on mine, I also added a water/meth system to try to keep things cool.  I also installed larger fuel injectors and fuel pump to make sure the fuel system could keep up.  Enjoy!

Speaking of David Brown, I toured the old Aston Martin factory in Newport Pagnell many years ago.  It was incredible.

IMG_0010.jpg

Posted Image

#9 R_Rated

R_Rated

oveR_Rated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 08:25 AM

Does your car have an intercooler?  Mine doesn't.  When I did pulley/tune on mine, I also added a water/meth system to try to keep things cool.  I also installed larger fuel injectors and fuel pump to make sure the fuel system could keep up.  Enjoy!

Speaking of David Brown, I toured the old Aston Martin factory in Newport Pagnell many years ago.  It was incredible.

IMG_0010.jpg

There is an intercooler although not a big one.  The Supercharger is an Eaton Twinscrew that is surprisingly buried in the engine.  How hard was your h20/meth system to install?  May save that one for next summer but I remember it making the old volvo pull a lot stronger even when it wasn't hot out.

I remember seeing those pictures. AM is my favorite car ever and its really too bad that Ford has been allowed to mock the front ends of their cars so much.

#10 ECB

ECB

Insignificant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 10:40 AM

At my last dyno, there was a 20whp difference between when the meth was turned on vs off.  It was not that difficult to install, but was time consuming.  My tanks are in the trunk, so had to run lines etc.  If I had a newer Jag, I'd probably let a professional handle it.

Posted Image

#11 GMP - Matthew

GMP - Matthew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 03:42 PM

We recently did the ECU Tuning Group (ETG) Software and pulley upgrade on a 2013 XKRS maybe a few weeks ago and our client was very impressed. If your interested in pricing for the product and installation let us know and we will gladly take good care of you :) The price of the package for the XKRS ran about $2000.

HRE, APR Tuned, Techart, Brembo, Evoms, Supersprint, Speedart, RD Sport, Kleemann, Brabus, Carlsson, Rinspeed, Wald, Bilstein, H&R, Koni, RH-Wheels, Breden, Cargraphic, Hamann, ABT-Sportsline, Hartge, AC Schnitzer, BBS, Vossen Wheels, Tubi, COR Forged, Zone Wheels, Modulare, Gemballa, Kahn Design, Novitec Rosso, Oettinger, Lorinser, Mansory, PPI, Stop Tech

European Automotive Enhancements

Matthew Krisel

Extension 257
www.GMPperformance.com
MKrisel@GMPperformance.com
Order:888.488.2028

#12 GMP - Matthew

GMP - Matthew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 03:43 PM

Here is a link to the gallery of this vehicle. We also installed a Milltek exhaust.  http://gmpperformanc...ehicle&VID=3929

HRE, APR Tuned, Techart, Brembo, Evoms, Supersprint, Speedart, RD Sport, Kleemann, Brabus, Carlsson, Rinspeed, Wald, Bilstein, H&R, Koni, RH-Wheels, Breden, Cargraphic, Hamann, ABT-Sportsline, Hartge, AC Schnitzer, BBS, Vossen Wheels, Tubi, COR Forged, Zone Wheels, Modulare, Gemballa, Kahn Design, Novitec Rosso, Oettinger, Lorinser, Mansory, PPI, Stop Tech

European Automotive Enhancements

Matthew Krisel

Extension 257
www.GMPperformance.com
MKrisel@GMPperformance.com
Order:888.488.2028